YG: Emerge (Level 1/2)
This one year course offers a range of life and work skill-building opportunities while working
towards the NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 1 and 2) and NCEA Level 1.
This programme is subject to demand.
Please click on the headings below to expand the corresponding content.
> Course Outline
Don't know where you're heading or what you want to do?
Our Emerge Level 1 and 2 course offering a range of skill-building opportunities and the assistance
you need to make a plan for your future.
The course covers:
- Activity based learning;
- Teamwork, life skills and communication;
- Customer service;
- Personal wellness and life skills;
- Employment skills and teamwork;
- Embedded literacy and numeracy
> Qualifications Offered: Level 1
As part of this course you will have the opportunity to complete the qualifications below.
> Location: Dunedin
> Duration: One year, Monday to Friday
This fulltime course runs for 41 weeks, Monday to Friday.
> Start Dates: 2020 - Please contact the college for further dates
This programme is subject to demand, please contact the college for further details.
23 Dowling Street, Dunedin
0800 887 005
(03) 477 7790
> Course Fees and Eligibility: FREE for 16-19 year olds*
To participate in this course and qualify for free training under the Youth Guarantee initiative,
- be 16-19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee programme;
- be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency;
- be prepared to study full-time for 1 year in a level 1-3 programme;
- not be enrolled in school and a Youth Guarantee programme simultaneously;