YG: Hospitality (Level 2)
This course will be an exciting start to your hospitality career and gives you the opportunity
to gain a Level 2 New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality as well as NCEA Level 1 + 2.
Please click on the headings below to expand the corresponding content.
> Course Outline
Through this course you will learn general kitchen skills, how to make great coffee, prepare a cafe
quality sandwich and serve it all with a smile.
The course covers:
- Food preparation and cookery;
- Menu planning and design;
- Food service in a cafe/restaurant;
- Hospitality industry visits;
- Espresso coffee and beverage training;
- Customer service and food safety;
- Personal and professional presentation;
- Literacy and numeracy support
> Qualifications Offered: Level 2
As part of this course you will have the opportunity to complete the qualifications below. .
> Location: Rangiora, North Canterbury
> Duration: One year, Monday to Friday
This fulltime course runs for 44 weeks, Monday to Friday
> Start Date: 7 February 2019 - Please contact the College for other dates
Please contact the college for further 2019 start dates and details.
Community College North Canterbury
140 East Belt, Rangiora
(03) 313 5874
> Course Fees and Eligibility: FREE for 16-19 year olds *
To particpate in this course and qualify for free training under the Youth Guarantee initiative,
- be 16-19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee programme;
- be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency;
- be prepared to study full-time for 1 year in a level 1-3 programme;
- not be enrolled in school and a Youth Guarantee programme simultaneously;
(03) 313 5874
027 519 9069