YG: Hospitality (Level 2)
This course will be an exciting start to your hospitality career and gives you the opportunity
to gain a Level 2 New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality as well as NCEA Level 1 + 2.
Please click on the headings below to expand the corresponding content.
> Course Outline
Through this course you will learn general kitchen skills, how to make great coffee, prepare a cafe
quality sandwich and serve it all with a smile.
The course covers:
- Food preparation and cookery;
- Menu planning and design;
- Food service in a cafe/restaurant;
- Hospitality industry visits;
- Espresso coffee and beverage training;
- Customer service and food safety;
- Personal and professional presentation;
- Literacy and numeracy support
> Qualifications Offered: Level 2
As part of this course you will have the opportunity to complete the qualifications below. .
> Location: Rangiora, North Canterbury
> Duration: One year, Monday to Friday
This fulltime course runs for 44 weeks, Monday to Friday
> Start Date: February 2020 - Please contact the College for future dates
10th Feb 2020
Please contact the college for further 2020 start dates and details.
Community College North Canterbury
140 East Belt, Rangiora
(03) 313 5874
> Course Fees and Eligibility: FREE for 16-19 year olds *
To particpate in this course and qualify for free training under the Youth Guarantee initiative,
- be 16-19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee programme;
- be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency;
- be prepared to study full-time for 1 year in a level 1-3 programme;
- not be enrolled in school and a Youth Guarantee programme simultaneously;
(03) 313 5874
027 519 9069