YG: Sport (Level 2)
If you have an interest in sport and are keen to gain a Level 2 qualification in NZ Certificate
in Foundation Skills with a sport focus plus NCEA Level 2 then this is the course for you!
Please click on the headings below to expand the corresponding content.
> Course Outline:
Do you have an interest in sport and want to gain NCEA Level 2?
Then this course is perfect for you!
This course covers:
- Coaching, nutrition & fitness
- First aid, anatomy & movement
- Literacy & numeracy support
Please click on the headings below to expand more detail.
> Qualifications Offered: Level 2 National Certificate plus NCEA Level 1 & 2
As part of this course you will have the opportunity to complete the qualifications below.
Please click on the links for more details on the qualifications.
> Location: Invercargill, Southland
> Duration: 1 year, Monday to Friday
This full-time course runs for 45-46 weeks, Monday to Friday, including 4 weeks recess.
> Start Dates: February 2020 - Please contact us for future dates in 2019
3rd Feb 2020
Please contact the college for further 2020 start dates and details.
4th Floor Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill 9840
0800 887 007
(03) 214 3090
> Course Fees & Eligibility: FREE for 16-19 year olds *
To participate in this course and qualify for free training under the Youth Guarantee initiative,
- be 16-19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee programme;
- be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency;
- be prepared to study full-time for 1 year in a level 1-3 programme;
- not be enrolled in school & a Youth Guarantee programme simultaneously;
Contact: Trudy Beck
Freephone: 0800 887 007
(03) 214 3090
Level 4, Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill