YOUTH COURSE: Challenge NCEA 1
Gain NCEA Level 1 in a supportive environment while learning new skills to help you make a plan for your future.
Please click on the headings below to expand the corresponding content.
> Course Outline:
Challenge is a course offering lots of practical skill-building opportunities in a supportive environment with small class sizes. You will gain NCEA Level 1 and be able to move onto further training or entry level work.
The course covers:
- Communication & teamwork
- Computing & information technology
- Hospitality & customer service components
- Sport fitness & recreation
- How to use progress to further education
- Literacy & numeracy support
Please click on the headings below to expand more details.
> Qualifications Offered: NCEA Level 1
As part of this course you will have the opportunity to complete the qualification below. Please click on the links for more details on the qualification.
> Location: Invercargill, Southland
> Duration: 1 year full time, Monday to Friday
This fulltime course runs for 45-46 weeks, Monday to Friday, including 4 weeks recess.
> Start Dates: 7 February 2018. Please contact us for other dates in 2018.
Please contact the college for further details.
4th Floor Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill 9840
0800 887 007: (03) 214 3090; email@example.com
> Course Fees & Eligibility: FREE for 16-19 year olds *
To participate in this course and qualify for free training under the Youth Guarantee initiative, students must:
- be 16-19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee programme;
- be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency;
- be prepared to study full-time for 1 year in a level 1-3 programme;
- not be enrolled in school & a Youth Guarantee programme simultaneously;
Contact: Amanda Jarvie
Freephone: 0800 887 007
(03) 214 3090
Level 4, Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill