YOUTH COURSE: Hospitality - Level 2
This course will be an exciting start to your hospitality career and gives you the opportunity
to gain a Level 2 New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality as well as NCEA Level 1 and 2.
Please click on the headings below to expand the corresponding content.
> Course Outline:
Through this course you will learn general kitchen skills, how to make great coffee,
prepare a cafe quality sandwich and serve it all with a smile.
The course covers:
- Food preparation & cookery
- Food safety
- Food service in a cafe/restaurant
- Espresso coffee & beverage training
- Customer service
- Literacy & numeracy support
Please click on the headings below to expand more detail.
> Qualifications Offered: Level 2 New Zealand Certificate plus NCEA Level 1 & 2
As part of this course you will have the opportunity to complete the qualifications below.
Please click on the links for more details on the qualification.
> Location: Invercargill, Southland
> Duration: 1 Year, Monday to Friday
This fulltime course runs for 45-46 weeks, Monday to Friday, including 4 weeks recess.
> Start Dates: 7 February 2018.
Contact the college for other 2018 start dates.
4th Floor Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill
0800 887 007
(03) 214 3090
> Course Fees & Eligibility: FREE for 16-19 year olds *
To participate in this course and qualify for free training under the Youth Guarantee initiative,
- be 16-19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee programme;
- be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency;
- be prepared to study full-time for 1 year in a level 1-3 programme;
- not be enrolled in school & a Youth Guarantee programme simultaneously;
Contact: Amanda Jarvie
Freephone: 0800 887 007
(03) 214 3090
Level 4, Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill
"hey u guys rock! I enjoyed time I had with u guys years ago :) im into the dairy farming have been for last 15months,and u guys..."