Foundation Tutor - Dunedin
Are you passionate about supporting young people to achieve?
About the College
Community College Dunedin is a Category One Provider and we offer a range of quality practical
learning in a supportive environment. Learners will develop skills that will enable them to enter
a variety of industries or move into further education programmes.
We are a Charitable Organisation making a difference through our Youth Guarantee programmes
to the lives and futures of young people in Dunedin.
This position is full time position involving tutoring a group of 16-19 year olds under the
Youth Guarantee scheme. The focus is on enabling success including qualification completion,
literacy and numeracy development programme achievement.
The aim is to assist our learners to gain confidence, a sense of direction, and a broad base
of skills to enable them to successfully transition to their next step.
The successful applicant will:
- Have an ability to work with 16-19 year olds from a variety of backgrounds
- Be a great role model
- Be keen to develop their own tutoring skills
- Have an understanding of administration skills
- Confidence and empathy in working with young people
- A knowledge or preparedness to learn how to deliver NZQA unit standards
- A genuine interest in the success of young people
Tutoring qualifications/experience desirable but not essential.
Tutoring support and development will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please click on the follow links to view and position description
Please apply in writing to:
Community College Dunedin
PO Box 715
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday 21st January 2019