Sport Tutor - North Canterbury
About the College
Community College North Canterbury is a Category One Provider and we offer a range of programs to meet the needs
of foundation learners in our community. We are a Charitable Organisation making a difference through our Youth Guarantee programs to the lives and futures of young people in North Canterbury. Community College North Canterbury is an NZQA registered & accredited education provider
We are currently recruiting for a full-time tutor position for our Sport program. This position will be a fixed term contract for 2020 and ideal for an enthusiastic and practical person who has a strong interest in working with young adults between 16-18 years old. The focus is on enabling success including qualification completion, literacy and numeracy development and program achievement. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the sports, fitness and recreation industry.
Key skills will include:
- A practical and creative approach to developing skills with young people
- The capability to plan, prepare and deliver learning sessions for students
- Strong capability in literacy and numeracy
- An ability to meet contractual outcomes along with an enjoyment of working with young adults
- An ability to contribute and work within a team to maintain a culture of positivity and an exciting learning environment
- Have excellent problem-solving skills.
Desirable but not essential as these can be obtained as part of your professional development plan:
- Certificate in Adult Education
- NCALEN Certificate in Literacy and Numeracy.
Tutor Position Description
To apply please send your CV, covering letter and application form to:
Community College North Canterbury
PO Box 104
Or email email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 31st Jan 2020
NOTE: Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency status or be legally entitles to work in New Zealand.
(03) 313 5874
027 519 9069