Youth Advisor - North Canterbury
Based in Christchurch, this role is for an enthusiastic and organised person who will enjoy
working to support young people to achieve.
- The position permanent, 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Applications close Tuesday 8th June 2020
The service provides mentoring and support for 16-19 year old parents and other 16 and 17 year old young
people who are receiving financial assistance from the government.
We seek a motivated, non-judgmental person with strong communication skills who will assist these young adults
in furthering their educational/employment pathway. Attention to detail along with the ability to meet the administration
requirements is essential. We provide a wrap-around service tailored for each individual to meet their varying needs.
The applicant must have:
- An understanding and interest in supporting young people to achieve
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Methodical administration skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- A full driver's licence
- Good financial literacy and intermediate or better computer skills
- Experience working with young people is preferred but not essential
ABOUT COMMUNITY COLLEGES NZ
Community Colleges New Zealand is a charitable company delivering foundation education and transition
services in Canterbury and throughout the South Island. We require an additional Youth Advisor to join our
Christchurch Youth Service team.
HOW TO APPLY
If the Youth Advisor position sounds like you please apply with your CV, covering letter
and our application form to:
Community College North Canterbury
PO Box 104 Rangiora
or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency status or be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Application closing date is Tuesday 8th June 2020
(03) 313 5874